1. These terms and conditions apply to domestic and commercial clients.
2. By booking our services, you agree to these terms and conditions.
3. These terms and conditions of trading apply to LJT Window Cleaning and any other name we choose to trade under.
4. If you wish to cancel or postpone your service, this must be done at least 7 days before the next scheduled clean. Failure to do so may result in a charge of 50% of any work scheduled during this time. If, as a commercial client, your contract runs with us to a specific date and not on an ongoing basis, you will be charged the full remaining contract value.
5. Quotes are given based on agreed frequency of service. Any requests to change the frequency will be subject to a price amendment.
6. Unless otherwise stated, all windows will be cleaned. Although, if we deem certain windows inaccessible or unsafe to clean, we will not clean them. If windows are left open we may not clean said window to avoid potential damage to the internals of your property.
7. We operate in all weather conditions excluding very heavy rain, high winds and electrical storms.
8. For cover under our customer satisfaction guarantee you must register your complaint within 48 hours of the service being completed. Complaints after this 48 hour period will be dealt with at our discretion.
9. We accept no liability for damage caused by decorative or structural defects, or conditions at your property/premises, such as, but not limited to, ill-fitting windows, doors, fascias, guttering, window/ conservatory trims, unsecured windows and doors, leaking seals, decorative bars stuck on glass, rotating frames, flaking paint, open/broken trickle vents, etc.
10. Should we be unable to access any part of your property/premises due to locked gates etc., we will only clean the accessible areas, such as front or side/s. This will typically be charged at 75% of the total clean cost. We may be unable to return to clean the restricted area until the next scheduled clean. To avoid this, please ensure safe access is available. We will only find a safe method of climbing over locked gates and walls if you have given us prior consent to do so. If you would like us to hold a key/ access code or give us permission to climb over your gate/wall, please contact us.
11. Due to insurance liabilities, we will be unable to move obstacles such as, but not exclusive to: heavy flowerpots and garden furniture (residential) filing cabinets and items on internal window sills (commercial). If these or any other item we deem to restrict access to an area of your property/premises, we will be unable to clean it.
12. Full payment must be received within 3 days (Residential) 30 days ( Commercial) of the invoice date (unless otherwise stated). If you fail to do this, your account and services may be suspended until such time as the arrears have been settled.
13. Achieving optimum cleaning results may require a few cleans. For example, detergent residues from previous traditional window cleaning methods may initially cause slight spotting. Leaching can also occur from trickle vents, beading and heavily soiled frames, however in most cases, this will cease after a couple of cleans, once the dirt is removed fully from the frame areas. This is normal, and your patience is appreciated.
14. We are happy to supply a schedule of works to our residential customers. However, this is a guide indicating the week commencement date when we plan to visit, and we cannot be held to a specific date or time. With such factors as public holidays, bad weather, staffing levels, etc., it is not always possible to supply an exact date.
15. We accept no liability for decorative bars coming loose or falling from the exterior of the glass. If these bars are correctly installed, our brushes will not damage them in any way. Should they become loose or fall, this is due to the adhesive not bonding correctly with the glass and coming into contact with dust, rain and contaminates. Our equipment does not scratch windows, we have invested in the the best equipment and we maintain it and check it regularly. Any scratches to glass you will need to prove that it was not there before your window clean. If we have to use equipment which is a higher risk of scratching windows (glass scrapper for removing certain debris) we will give you prior notice and provide a scratch waiver to sign.
16. If we have arrived at your property for a scheduled clean, we cannot accept a postponement on the doorstep, unless construction work is being carried out to the property/premises. A 100% charge will be payable (at the discretion of LJT Window Cleaning) for failing to give 14 days’ notice of postponement as stated in term of service number 4 in these terms and conditions.
17. Any promotions and offers from LJT Window Cleaning are subject to different terms and conditions.
18. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions without notice.